2014 Cabernet sauvignon – Sold Out
Redwood HIll Vineyard
The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is the inaugural offering of our signature, estate grown Cabernet Sauvignon. Our Cabernet is crafted to reflect the essence of our site high atop Redwood Hill in a traditional style, demonstrating a sublime balance of freshness and ripeness. This wine exhibits the power and structure of mountain fruit combined with an acidity that will provide a freshness throughout an extended aging. It will delight in its youth while only improving with age. Given its youth, we do recommend aerating at least 30-60 minutes before enjoying.
- Tasting Notes: Aromas of dark fruits and spice with flavors of red cherry, sage and herbs; excellent structure and freshness
- Winemaking: Co-fermentation; 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc; 100% free run
- Vintage: 2014; Another excellent vintage following 2012 and 2013. The continued drought made for an accelerated growing season, which began with early flowering after a mild winter and culminated in an early harvest. Dry conditions combined with a relatively cool summer produced smaller berries on the vine, resulting in wines with concentrated flavor and bright acidity
- Vineyard: Redwood Hill Vineyard
- Appellation: Fountaingrove District
- Elevation: 1,270 – 1,410 ft.
- Harvest Date: September 16, 2014
- Aging: 21 months – 40% new French oak, 10% new American oak; Drink 2017-2025
- Bottling Date: July 11, 2016
- TA: 6.2 g/L
- pH: 3.68
- Alcohol: 14.4%
- Production: 154 cases
Designed and drawn by Cat Clifford, the label comes from of a photo taken of Chris with his grandson, Ford, “working” in the vineyard. It captures two of the most important elements of this project for us: family and being good stewards of this land.