2015 Cabernet sauvignon
Redwood HIll Vineyard – SOLD OUT
Only 70 cases produced of this stunner! Challenging growing conditions during the critical flowering period resulted in exceptionally low yields yet the fruit is remarkably dense and plush. The tannins are decidedly sweet allowing for a refined, delightful finish. Given its youth, we recommend decanting 60+ minutes before enjoying.
- Tasting Notes: Shows great minerality, lush red cherry, leather and forest floor. Flavors of black cherry, blackberry and a hint of smoke. Combines power with finesse as the mountain tannins are mouth-filling and long lasting. Drink 2019 – 2025+
- Winemaking: 83% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, 8% Merlot; 100% free run
- Vintage: 2015; Early and light best describes 2015. A dry, mild winter gave way to an unseasonably cool spring and flowering period, contributing to smaller grape clusters and berries. The fruit that did ripen was intensely flavored, resulting in wines of great depth and freshness
- Vineyard: Redwood Hill Vineyard
- Appellation: Fountaingrove District
- Elevation: 1,270 – 1,410 ft.
- Harvest Date: September 14, 2015
- Aging: 22 months – 35% new French oak, 15% new American oak; Drink 2019-2025+
- Bottling Date: August 8, 2017
- TA: 5.9 g/L
- pH: 3.7
- Alcohol: 14.2%
- Production: 70 cases
Designed and drawn by Cat Clifford, the label depicts one of the many redwood trees found atop Redwood Hill. Redwoods have been around for some 240 million years and can grow to 300 feet or more, the tallest tree on earth.