2015 Hill Blend – Sold Out
Redwood Hill Vineyard
Our first-ever blend of each variety we grow on Redwood Hill! The 2015 Hill Blend perfectly captures the unique qualities of these three varieties: structure of Cabernet Sauvignon, bright aromas of Cabernet Franc and a gentle softness that comes from the Merlot. A versatile wine that can fit most any occasion.
- Tasting Notes: Notes of wild berries, plum and cinnamon spice with flavors of blueberry preserves, raspberry and Christmas spices. This wine is beautifully balanced with amazing fruit purity, charming complexity and velvety tannins. Totally delicious now or in a few years. Drink Now – 2020
- Winemaking: 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Cabernet Franc, 22% Merlot
- Vintage: 2015; Early and light best describes 2015. A dry, mild winter gave way to an unseasonably cool spring and flowering period, contributing to smaller grape clusters and berries. The fruit that did ripen was intensely flavored, resulting in wines of great depth and freshness
- Vineyard: Redwood Hill Vineyard
- Appellation: Fountaingrove District, Sonoma County
- Elevation: 1,270 – 1,410 ft.
- Harvest Date: September 14, 2015
- Aging: 22 months – 35% new French oak, 15% new American oak
- Bottling Date: August 8, 2017
- TA: 6.0 g/L
- pH: 3.6
- Alcohol: 13.9%
- Production: 72 cases